What are your favourite breeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! They're actually very cute! Any chicken with a beard is cute :D
I've always liked Black Rocks. My first hen was one, and she was the most beautiful hen I've ever seen. She was a rather ugly pullet though. I always seem to choose the ugly ones though because I don't want them to be left out :lol:

You are my kind of people! I took a free chick from Bomgaars last fall because she was the only layer chick left and was living with bigger, meaner broilers. I couldn't put her out by herself last winter and everyone else was too much larger. Dottie, the house chicken, MUST go out soon. But, we keep having warm temps, then snow and below freezing. But I COULDN'T leaver her.

I've never had Black Rocks. What do you like best about them? Not only are Favs cute and sweet, they have those extra toes!

I managed to persuade my family that we desperately needed new chicks about three or four years back :lol: so we went to a local place where they had a load of chicks. Wouldn't go to that kind of place now though. So we chose one each and I looked and there was this tiny black chick with a poop on her back looking a bit sad. You guessed it. I didn't have a choice. She was quite ill though and wouldn't eat anything. Today she's a lovely girl called Pepper. I think she must be a cross. I think she has some jersey giant in her, but she's tiny for a JG. I'm doomed every time I see a sad looking animal :rolleyes:

Well they're very good looking haha. And since she was my first hen I have an attachment to that breed. She was a bit skittish but very sweet.

Aww. How's the chick doing now?

I also prefer the roosters to the hens, normally. The hens can be so evil. Roosters are just so sweet. Both of mine will come and sit on my lap, although one is ill at the moment.

I like my Comets and Favorelles for their temperaments. My comet is the nicest bird I have out of 30.

I like my Easter Eggers for their hawk-like looks and general wildness.

I like mt polish tophats because they're just hilarious to watch.

I like my Australorps, Speckled Sussex, Marans and RIR for their egg laying.

I like my frizzles because you never know what you're gonna get attitude-wise, but you always get a big fluffy mess of a bird!

I don't like my Silver Spangled Appenzellers because they are the loudest hens I have ever seen next to my silver-laced wyandottes... also not a favorite. lol

I don't like anything bantam. Ha! Unless silkies count, but they just keep getting predated by hawks in my free-ranging flock so they're sadly not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom