What are your other hobbies?

Hello, all! I enjoy knitting, crocheting, & soap making. My hubby and I have a large garden, which we are always expanding, and grow as much of our own food as possible. Easier for me....I'm a vegetarian...but my husband doesn't eat too much meat. We've planted several fruit & nut trees, with more on the way. Our 5 chickens give us lots of laughs and even a few eggs! We enjoy the company of our cats too. We can and freeze extensively, it seems, always trying to prolong our harvest. We save our rainwater and recycle our wash water! And we are ever working toward a sustainable lifestyle. We're a long ways away...and may not get there in our current home....but we keep an eye on the prize nonetheless! I'm always interested in learning new skills i.e. we tiled our kitchen floor this past spring. And I learned that if I ever feel crazy enough to do it again, I'm buying knee pads!
lol.png

We try to purchase local goods and services....used goods if applicable. I have become interested in finding local groups interested in trading for goods/services; and local groups for farming info. Trying to live with less and recycle more. All that good stuff!

I like to do beadwork, with small beads. Lately it's been Ndbele + netting in necklaces. Also embroidery. Mixing embroidery with beading is great! I used to sew & will again someday. I have not made a quilt yet, but I'm looking forward to doing that.

I love to do faux finishing & I'm good at it. I have my own company to do it professionally but it is on a small scale so far.

I like making pottery. I have a wheel but haven't used it much since I lost access to a kiln.

We have a space where I want to put in a veggie garden this year. I like working outside, especially if the goats & cats & chickens are around.

I like to learn about stuff. I've worked for years as a technical writer & that involves learning new stuff all the time. I have a book in my mind that I want to write that is set in Baghdad in its Golden Age -- late 700s and early 800s A.D. I'll need to learn lots to write it. Whee!

And as my forum name suggests, I like to savor tea. I'm partial to oolongs and pu erhs.

embroidery -crewel work is my fave, soap making, making temari balls, jewelry making -mostly silverwork but some beading as well, weaving, spinning, cooking, woodworking, reading, Geocaching, stamping (cards & stationary), making paper from junk mail and flowers from my garden, travelling (heading to Peru in October), gardening ( I love flowers), writing short stories, writing lyrics ( I always hear music in my head), renovating my home (taking forever but starting to look good), painting miniatures, kick boxing, kung fu, learning languages, riding my bike, making terrain (like for hobby trains but for D&D), gaming (D&D, Pathfinder, board games), puzzle solving ( Sudoku- I'm an addict, crossword, word search, item search, logic puzzles), crocheting, trying to learn to knit (trying but mostly failing), sewing and designing clothes (I'm chunky, pear shaped, they don't make what I like in my size so I make my own- not all-just some pieces), studying Biology (all things pertaining to life-animals, plants, minerals, soil, humans, etc.). Taking care of my animals (guinea pigs, PBP, dogs, cats, chickens).
I don't know if these counts as hobbies but playing Rock Band, video games, and I'm a wildlife rehabber.
Currently- studying all things Chicken (coops, feed, care, breeds). Learning papercutting (Chinese & Japanese styles), book binding/journal making, and stained glass making (I enjoy cutting glass just need to get over my fear of soldering).

Back
Top Bottom