What are your rooster's names?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Willow's Meadow, Jun 1, 2010.

1. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Harry - Silky roo that was Harriet til he crowed - crows whenever somebody pulls into the driveway, comes around the house or goes outside - we call him our 'dog'.

Freddy Mercury "Freddy" - black Cochin frizzle roo that my son named - cute little guy that's about half the size of chickens half his age but still chases the Brahma hens!

deb g

2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    My white leghorn rooster was suppose to be a hen so I named him Pinky. My RIR rooster is named Stinky because he waited to be held to poo when he was a chick. My other roosters are not named because I didn't plan on getting them.

3. crazychickenldy

crazychickenldy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    London, OHIO
    Kramer...because..well, look at the pic of him and figure it out. [​IMG] We are still trying to figure out what breed he is...no one else seems to know either!

[​IMG]

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Mine are Lindy cause when he was about 10 days old he would jump up on the water bottle or anything else he could get on and DH named him after the flying Lindy's, Penguin looked like a little penguin when he was a baby he was the runt always smaller than the rest. You couldnt tell it now though. I thought both were Barred Rock but Ive been told Lindy is a Black sex link so not sure.
    Lindy
    [​IMG]
    Penguin
    [​IMG]

5. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Partidge cochin is Fred Frye

EE is Twinkie (DH named him that as a joke and the name stuck)

Past roosters were a partridge cochin named Minnie (thought he was a SHE. He wasn't) and Snickers, another EE (as counterpart to Twinkie)

6. Orpygal

Orpygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Eastern Panhandle WV
    George BO purchased in Berkeley Springs WV. Hubby and daughter thought Berkeley was too much name for a Roo so we went w/George since George Washington visited there.
    Derek RIR after daughter's crush Derek Hough. Johnny BO name for the guy who sold him to me as a HEN!

7. Barry Natchitoches

Barry Natchitoches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Tennessee
    My current rooster is named Pierre Thomas (we call him Pierre).

He was one of two chicks that were hatched during the Christmas season, 2009, and grew up during the NFL playoff season, 2010.

We had one golden feathered chick (a pullet) who we named Drew Brees (we call her Drew), and then we had this black feathered chick, who we named Pierre Thomas, after the running back who first put the New Orleans Saints in the endzone during the 2010 Super Bowl.

We figured it was a sign when we had two chicks in that clutch -- one gold and one black. We call them our "Saints" chickens.

And I guess it was, cuz the two baby chicks watched the Super Bowl with my wife and me, and with our black and gold chicks in the TV audience, the Saints went on to WIN the Super Bowl!

His father was DaddyRoo.

8. ginznchix

ginznchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    South Jersey
    Roody - crazy feather footed mix
    Bitty - our smallest, sebright mix
    Peter - EE mix. His name was Godzilla because he was so ugly, but we changed his name when he grew into a handsome guy.
    Buster - Peter's brother, EE mix. His name was Girlie until he crowed.

Izzie - JBG. He was Isabelle until HE crowed. He's now been rehomed because he turned mean and he was HUGE. I can't be beat up by a chicken almost as big as me!

9. LeghornLisa

LeghornLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ava stared to crow...now Mr. Bubbles!

10. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    Huge buff orp we call Gingey, after Shrek's Gingerbread Man.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by