What are your rooster's names?

I have one that just like mans the door when I'm always there, and I've started calling him Roo. Short and simple, and I think it's pretty nifty! But he seriously like mans the door when I come to see them during the mid afternoon or when we feed them. He's always just by the door, unlike the other ones who are constantly fighting each other. I think their pecking order is getting out of hand!

Here's Roo! My "pet rooster". Calmest Rooster I have ever seen, cause half of ours are just plum crazy unless you're right infront of them.

Jerkface stuck around for a while. He was really brave, fluffing his ruff and chest butting the fence, right up until you opened the gate. Then he ran and hid like a little girly rooster. And we really did call him Jerkface. "Hey Sophie, watch out for Jerkface when you feed the chickens" "Momma, Jerkface won't let me get to the waterer". A friend of mine lost her rooster to a hawk, so I gave him and Blondie (an EE chicken who had the unfortunate habit of plucking the other chickens behinds bald) to her. Jerkface did his job with the ladies there, and Blondie got knocked down a few pegs in the chicken hierarchy and gets along nicely with my friend's orpingtons.

i have freddy the frizzle
an samy the silkie
and used to have geof the god knows what but the fox had him

We've added a rooster to the group of Isaac, Suede and Zane, a Mille Fleur D'Uccle named Beau.
smile.png

Since my last post here, I've had several more roosters in residence:
Belgian D'Anvers

Rufus
Aubrey
Angus
Rusty
Ace

Of those, Angus has passed away, Rusty, Rufus and Ace live elsewhere and only Aubrey, a Porcelain D'Anver is here.

I have two Mille Fleur Belgian D'Anver sons of Aubrey with his mille D'Anver hens,

Spike
Sam

I've had a Ranger and a Gideon, sons of my Delaware rooster with EE hens.

Back
Top Bottom