What are your rooster's names?

The leader of the BR pack(13 weeks old) is Foghorn(husband just wouldnt wait until we got an actual Leghorn lol) Then we have Roo, and Ster. My husband then picked up 3 Tractor Supply Specials(8 weeks old now), 1 turned out to be a cornish, so we named him BBQ, and the two others were white leghorns, one was a pullett, but the other, who ended up being a roo, got named THE BRUCE, its kinda a spoof cause he is the smallest rooster we have, but he acts like he is the biggest kid at the playground. He, at 6 weeks, was the first rooster to crow...even my then 12 week old BR's were not crowing. Now everyone is. Its crazy!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

BR is Brock (not really inventive, I know, but it was convenient! :) )
Buff Orp is Moose (short for mean rooster during his hormonal adolescence; thankfully he's over that stage -- a good alpha roo now)
bantam OEGB BBRed is Mr. Big Stuff (remember the song "Mr. Big Stuff, who do you think you are?") he's tiny; thinks he's elephant size
Frizzle roo (black)is JoJo, red frizzle roo is Dazzle (lost his flockmate, Razzle -- disappeared without a trace)
Black Cochin roo is Bart (as in Black Bart of the famed Westerns)
silkie roo (white) is Yeti (the name for the Abominable Snowman)

my RIR is named Mr Red, but I sometimes say Red Boy, and sometimes shorten it to Ole Red.

The others only get names if something striking fits them. I have a Dominique cockerel that I just call Dominique
hu.gif

and there is the cockerel named Pac Man -- he was dubbed because of how he looked as a day-old right out of the bator, and it stuck even though he really doesn't look like a pac man anymore. He's still a funky looking chicken, and an escape artist .... I hope he's tasty
droolin.gif

all of our RIR roos are named George and if we aquire any more roos they too will be named George.....much easier for the kids to remember!

Currently we have : Chipmunk - because as a baby that's what he looked like (Americauna)
Mazda - After a rooster in a book my daughter read (Americauna)

We had : Goldie - I think he was a leghorn, he was not pure white,off white and really big, 15lbs
Bucky - originally named Rusty Jr after his mom Rusty, but got the nickname Bucky and it stuck
(mix between Goldie and I think Rusty was a RIR)

My roosters are:

Pan - ISA brown/RIR
Peanut - WCBP
Barathrum - black frizzle cochin bantam
Nāvis - blue cochin bantam
Smaragdus - SL cochin bantam
Scīvērunt - white cochin bantam
Pansy - ISA brown/ RIR/ BR
Gnome - splash silkie

and two more currently nameless cochin bantams.

Back
Top Bottom