What brand of chick starter...

Well the reason I am asking is Speckled Hen and some others were talking about the food industry skimping on some things because a lot of people on here got cocci this year and have never had problems in the past, so I was just curious. But yes the cocci I got I know where it came from, I went to a swap meet and bought some cuckoo cochin bantys and well you know the rest. Never doing that again!

Honestly, I have no idea why so, so many people who are feeding supposedly medicated feed are having these terrible cocci outbreaks. My first few batches were fine. I never saw cocci till this year and now ALL batches of chicks get it right after they get on the ground. And it can be hard to eradicate, too. Just seemed it was like something about the feeds that was different, and they are from different companies, though most or all may purchase their meds from the same company.

Last edited:
All my birds get the same brand,pullets and hens. So I don't get it either Cyn.
hu.gif

I've used Dumor this year. Two of my friends use it too and we've had good luck with it. One nice thing about TSC is they don't rotate their stock so the freshest bags are on top. Makes it easy for me.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom