What Brand Of Feed Do U?

I alternate between Kent's Extra Egg (16%) from my local feed mill and Purina Layena crumbles. Both are $12.50/50# bag. I supplement with sweet feed for horses, BOSS, oyster shell, lots of kitchen scraps, and all the yummies they pick up free ranging all day.
I have 12 hens and get 11-12 eggs every morning.

I feed purina flock rasier. I don't like it, but they stopped carrying my HiPro gamebird feed here in town
rant.gif
Since I feed my guineas, too, I've been buying flock raiser for the protien content, and to keep it simple, I feed it to everyone.

My girls didn't do well on layena, so I just do flock raiser and oyster shell.

I presently use a whole grain homemade mix. Previously over the years used local feed mill, purina, agway & local farmer mix. Most recently was using a no soy local mix. Now I bought whole grains form the farmer & mixed my own. I am getting 8-11 eggs a day from 13 pullets, but don't know if they are all laying. Just switched to the whole grain 2 weeks ago with no change in eggs yet. Purina & others make nice yolks, because they use marigold or other additives to color the yokes.

Purina Layer Pellets. Less mess and it seems to go pretty quick with 10 layers and a roo...throw in some oyster shell and the eggs are great.

Back
Top Bottom