What brand of incubator is best?

My first choice is the sportsman- very nice hatches.
The second runner up is my brinsea octagon 40. I had to replace the thermostat though as the temperatures were fluctuating. Now all is back to rock solid.
smile.png

My favorite is the Hovabator Genesis 1588 w/ auto turner. The temp is preset (which means no fiddling with it and no temp spikes or drops.) and with the turner in it, all you have to do is keep an eye on your humidity. The LG's have a bad rep, but I've found that they have a "sweet spot" and when you find it, it sticks like glue. Most people just get frustrated trying to find it.

My only wish w/ the Genesis is that it wasn't styrofoam. I don't like the fact that it can break so easily...especially with 4 kids in the house! (and 2 big dogs!)

Thanks everyone for all your recommendations. But some have mentioned humidity. What suggestions do any of you have for helping to control humidity? How much, or little, humidity do the eggs need? I have never hatched before, so I am certain that I will have more questions as this goes along. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom