What breed? 5 weeks old

LoveLakeview

Chirping
Mar 14, 2018
I got a bunch of "rare assortment" day olds from My Pet Chicken. I still can't figure out what this guy is (well, hopefully gal since I ordered pullets). She'll be 5 weeks old Monday. Her feet are SUPER green and moderately feathered (less than the Cochin bantam I have of the same age, more than the blue copper marans). Any insight?
20180317_131619.jpg
20180317_131647.jpg
20180317_162220.jpg

That's confusing. I don't see any splashing in the other bird and her legs are unfeathered. Were the Marans advertised as feather legged or clean legged on MPC? More than likely they didn't say either way, but it's a possible lead.
The splash marans are advertised as "some have lightly feathered legs" haha. The tagged splash marans has some splashed along her back and wings, but her head overall is coming in white

Mystery bird has more "splashes" and her head feathers are coming in more blue.

The splash marans feet are a pale slate, mystery bird's legs are GREEN. Like, my two year old son points out that they're green.

The splash marans are advertised as "some have lightly feathered legs" haha. The tagged splash marans has some splashed along her back and wings, but her head overall is coming in white

Mystery bird has more "splashes" and her head feathers are coming in more blue.

The splash marans feet are a pale slate, mystery bird's legs are GREEN. Like, my two year old son points out that they're green.
Leg color can be deceiving in young birds. Are the bottoms of her feet yellowish or whitish? If yellowish then she probably isn't a pure Marans. Which leaves Brahma and Cochin as feather legged breeds with yellow skin, or olive egger, which in this case would likely be a Marans crossed with an Easter egger or Legbar. But one thing is for sure-- you will know sooner or later as she grows.

Back
Top Bottom