What breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jakmallex, Apr 12, 2008.

1. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    There are 2 roosters and 1 hen that are running free around my house. They don't let me get too close to them, but as they have been coming closer to my chicken coop my boyfriend was able to get this photo. Any ideas on what he is? The three of them seem to get along well and travel together all over the neighborhood.

[​IMG]

2. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Uh, I'll take a stab at it...golden laced wyandotte roo?

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Not really sure, but he is a handsome fella.

4. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah I'd say Gold Laced Wyandotte too.

5. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I can't see the bird's colour very well but there is nothing "Wyandotte" about the type of this bird.
    Wyandottes are much rounder and do not have a tail structure anything like this bird.
    Looking ant the type combined with what I can see of the colour I'd assume he's a colourful mutt.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  6. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree he's more upright in body shape than a nice quality Wyandotte. But he looks just like a hatchery bird.

His body coloring is perfectly gold laced no mottling or off colors his legs and earlobes are correct and he has a perfect rose comb, not a hint of a cross in there.

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Ella, you throughly confused me with what you were saying. this bird is NOT a wyandotte. It has white lobes and what looks to be a lopped over single comb. I would say that its a brown leghorn cross of some sort.

8. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm wondering if he's dead though, I haven't seen or heard him in awhile. He was having daily conversations with my little rooster then all of a sudden they stopped and he disappeared.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by