What breed am I?

jakmallex

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
NC
There are 2 roosters and 1 hen that are running free around my house. They don't let me get too close to them, but as they have been coming closer to my chicken coop my boyfriend was able to get this photo. Any ideas on what he is? The three of them seem to get along well and travel together all over the neighborhood.

IMG_0082.jpg

I can't see the bird's colour very well but there is nothing "Wyandotte" about the type of this bird.
Wyandottes are much rounder and do not have a tail structure anything like this bird.
Looking ant the type combined with what I can see of the colour I'd assume he's a colourful mutt.

Last edited:
I agree he's more upright in body shape than a nice quality Wyandotte. But he looks just like a hatchery bird.

His body coloring is perfectly gold laced no mottling or off colors his legs and earlobes are correct and he has a perfect rose comb, not a hint of a cross in there.

Ella, you throughly confused me with what you were saying. this bird is NOT a wyandotte. It has white lobes and what looks to be a lopped over single comb. I would say that its a brown leghorn cross of some sort.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm wondering if he's dead though, I haven't seen or heard him in awhile. He was having daily conversations with my little rooster then all of a sudden they stopped and he disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom