What breed am I?

Justanother Brooke

Songster
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Goldendale, WA
Hello all! I picked up 4 new babies at the feed store yesterday, and know what three of them are, but the owner of the store wasn't sure what the fourth one is, as apparently they got a lot of miscellaneous layers that weren't labeled.
The three black and white ones are a Barred Rock, a Cuckoo Maran (Marans?), and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. The little copper colored one is a mystery though. Does anyone know? I do know that they get their chicks from Privett Hatchery, but none of their pictures looked like this,
Thanks!!

It looks to have a single comb. Look up plymouth partridge rock and see if this seems more like the chick you have. In a few weeks if it is a partridge rock, it will develop stripes on wing feathers. Post some pics at 2-3 wks of age and this will help confirm breed. Hopefully it is a Partridge Rock. Rocks are the best! and I love the partridge coloring.

images

Hmmm. After looking at some google images, it could be a Partridge Rock chick. One of my broodies is a Partridge Rock, and I'm planning on sneaking her a couple of chicks. Maybe she'll have a mini me!
I'm fairly sure it's not an Easter Egger, as there doesn't seem to be any cheek puffs, but who knows? I thought it was funny that the feed store had no clue on about half of the chicks. They had the common ones separated and labeled, but there was a batch of unknown layers, and there were only two that looked like this.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom