What breed am I?

Looks like a standard bronze. See how light the tips of the tail feathers and tail coverts are? In eastern wild there is usually much less contrast.

I was lied too :( but I had suspected that. I recently got a hen that looks very similar to this 1. I was told she was a burboun red :/ I couldn't find the type of hen I wanted so I settled for whatever you find. (I had my aunt watch at an auction she was going to) I have no real intrest in breeding but I'm curious....what would the offspring of royal palm crossed with this type of hen look like? I will try to upload a pic of my hen soon. I think its the same type. :?

Bourbon red are very easy to recognize. The are a rich rusty color with white wings and a white tail. If you cross a Royal Palm tom with a standard bronze hen, the toms will look like bronzes, and the hens will look like Narragansetts. The next generation gets interesting.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'm now curious what the next generation would look like lol but unfortinatly. A couple dogs decided to misbehave last night and it cost me 3 buff orpington hens and my only hen turkey.

I had the same thought. But I have goats and a huge coyote problem. And the dogs also keep the hawk away. ( I guess so they have more birds to chase?) But we seperated the dogs and kenneled the instigator. So far no more issues. And on a positive note I have buff eggs hatching right now.

Back
Top Bottom