What Breed AM I?

norlar

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
I volunteer at a Wildlife Rescue and yesterday they had a small chicken someone had dropped off. These people found her in their yard. I brought the chicken home with me. I have 4 chickens of my own already. I need help identifying what breed this chicken is? Also is she a "She"? How old could this chick be?? We are assuming she is a hen. I believe the rescue had her for about a week or so and I don't think she was eating what she should have been eating. I know they gave her lots of mealworms. She is a little skinny and she sure looks scruffy. She is very active, has an incredible personality and definitely a people person chicken. We love her already!!!
Can anyone help me? I am going to try and post a picture for all to see.
Thanks
6384_dscn1606.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm...I'll try again with the picture. I'm obviously not doing something right...

Oops, I PMed you about posting pics, but I see you got it figured out.
Sorry I can't help you with ID on the chicken.

Looks like an EE pullet to me.

Make sure you keep her/him seperate from the rest of the flock for 3-4 weeks. It's a possibility that she can make the rest of the flock sick.

I'm going to come down on the side of EE too. It's a little to early to be determining breed on it, but once it grows a little more it will be easy to sex. Females have almost no comb at all, roos have a prominent comb. Take a look at my pair to see what I mean:

Hen:
Picture063.jpg
Picture453.jpg

roo:
Roogrowinup.jpg
Picture447.jpg

Back
Top Bottom