1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed and gender are my chickens? They are 6 weeks in these pics.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PulletPower, Apr 20, 2012.

1. PulletPower

PulletPower New Egg

Apr 20, 2012
    Please forgive me I am very new at this. I am pretty sure the top left is a Rhode Island.

[​IMG]

Here are some more pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. ConnerCoop

ConnerCoop New Egg

Apr 20, 2012
    I am new as well. I have a Black Australorp that looks like the lower left one, black with the red chest feathers and also have a White Leghorn that looks like your white one. Sorry can't help with the other two.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    white one might be a white rock, looks like a pullet the black with brown chest is a black sexlink hen the red does look like it could be a rir

4. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Bottom left maybe a golden laced wyandotte
    Bottom right maybe a white plymouth rock

5. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Black Austrolorps are all black, that is a black sexlink. The others are gold laced wyandotte possible cockeral, production red (hatchery RIR) cockeral, BSL pullet, and white rock or possibly leghorn pullet. It looks a little thick to be a leghorn. You will be able to tell when it gets older. Leghorns are thin, have large floppy combs, and lay white eggs. Rocks are heavier, have smaller combs, and lay brown eggs.

6. Hezz

Hezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    Where did you get these babies from?

Looks to me like you have a red sex link, a tetra tint or a white rock, and 2 black sex links (possibly 1 GLW).

Those are my guesses for your babies.

7. dvrkennels

dvrkennels Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    your bottom two are white rock and sexlink...both look to be pullets but could be wrong on that.

8. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    GLW based on what i can see of the comb
    prodution red
    bsl
    white rock

9. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Top Left -- Is a cross Hen (Wyandottes have Rose Comb and Yellow legs) Top Right -- Production Red Rooster
    Bottom Left -- Black Sex-link Hen Bottom Right -- Production Type White Rock Hen

Chris

10. PulletPower

PulletPower New Egg

Apr 20, 2012
    Thank you for the quick responses everyone! It sounds like the consensus is that most of them are hens and that maybe Teddy the top right is a Rooster. This is a bummer, because I can not have a rooster. Happy to know what breeds they might be. I am in Tucson, Arizona and I got my babies at Vaquero Feed. They told me what I was getting when I was there, but I was so excited to be getting chickens I forgot. I am really loving this! Thanks again everyone!

Here are pics from today at 8 weeks. Do you still feel the same?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by