What breed and gender do these look like? Sorry I’m new to geese I have chickens but these were in a variety bin at family farm and home..

Crazychickenladytraeger

In the Brooder
May 21, 2023
22A8B8A1-8C7C-4851-99E8-66F9934FF672.jpeg
FF2235D3-C8D3-4677-8305-C7A2FDEB9041.jpeg
6861C235-F966-4D15-85D6-6D4091D95EE1.jpeg
C026DDF6-10CA-4CE7-8F12-D1A39E8AB373.jpeg
22A8B8A1-8C7C-4851-99E8-66F9934FF672.jpeg
FF2235D3-C8D3-4677-8305-C7A2FDEB9041.jpeg
67AB21A1-74C9-4D97-809D-4037368B1369.jpeg
7143C6C7-80ED-479B-B1E3-D364B450520C.jpeg
369E0EB6-C18A-4E19-9F71-9A2A37C39496.jpeg

It’s impossible to know the gender at this age without vent checking and they’re a bit too old to make that easy at this point.

Once they’re a year old you can tell by behavior and body type (sometimes.) Females tend to have a more chubby squat build, ganders having a bit longer necks, though in Chinese this will be hard to tell because they naturally have such long graceful necks.

@Egg Snatcher is right about the breeds.

The fizzy looking one might be a Sebastopol and the white one looks like a white Chinese
See that’s what I was thinkingbut the hatchery for family farm and home only had 4 types of geese..embden..Chinese..African and Toulouse but I’m thinking there was a mix of some sort because she doesn’t look like any that they have at all.. thank you so much I really appreciate it ☺️☺️

It’s impossible to know the gender at this age without vent checking and they’re a bit too old to make that easy at this point.

Once they’re a year old you can tell by behavior and body type (sometimes.) Females tend to have a more chubby squat build, ganders having a bit longer necks, though in Chinese this will be hard to tell because they naturally have such long graceful necks.

@Egg Snatcher is right about the breeds.
Thank you! I tried to do more research but can’t find much on geese but chickens I can find anything😂😂.. That’s awesome So if that is a sebbie I got her for dirt cheap by accident from the hatchery ($20)

Geese
Thank you! I tried to do more research but can’t find much on geese but chickens I can find anything😂😂.. That’s awesome So if that is a sebbie I got her for dirt cheap by accident from the hatchery ($20)
Geese are less common than ducks which are less popular than chickens, hence why there is so little information about them, you’re definitely not alone in that!

If you can’t find any particular information asking other goose people around here is a good option “avoid Facebook…,” health articles about chickens are also really helpful and also parrots believe it or not. A lot more money goes into medical issues and research in regards to parrots.

As for your sebbie, my guess is that the breeder has sebastopols and an egg may have been misplaced into the wrong batch or maybe there was som egg thieving going on between some girls! 😂

Geese

Geese are less common than ducks which are less popular than chickens, hence why there is so little information about them, you’re definitely not alone in that!

If you can’t find any particular information asking other goose people around here is a good option “avoid Facebook…,” health articles about chickens are also really helpful and also parrots believe it or not. A lot more money goes into medical issues and research in regards to parrots.

As for your sebbie, my guess is that the breeder has sebastopols and an egg may have been misplaced into the wrong batch or maybe there was som egg thieving going on between some girls! 😂
Thank you this helps alot!! I’m lucky if I get any response on fb alls people want to do on that page is fight argue and belittle each other so I’m like idk if I even want to ask.. I did do as much research as I possibly could to before I got them but when the girl at the store didn’t know much about what breeds there were I’m like yea they’re better off with me😂😂..I checked out the prices for sebbies oh my goodness at least $100 that’s so crazy

Back
Top Bottom