1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what breed and gender if possible?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by xify28, Jan 11, 2012.

1. xify28

xify28 New Egg

Dec 23, 2011
    Maldives, vilimale'
    [​IMG]

this is chippy my chick of possibly 3.5 weeks. i got it from a local pet store out of a bunch of other chicks ranging from all colours and ages. the owner didnt know that chicken had breeds he jus thought they were different colours.. so i was hoping that u guys will help me with the sex and breed of this chick.. if you want more pics just ask..[​IMG] help pls!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I don't know about breed. His posture and long legs seem game bird-ish. It's a bit too early to note gender, but that's quite an upright posture which can indicate rooster, but he's got skinny legs which can indicate hen. I know he's super cute and already has an impressive stink eye.[​IMG]

3. xify28

xify28 New Egg

Dec 23, 2011
    Maldives, vilimale'
    hehe.. thanx! a rooster [​IMG] .... thats a bad sign :p ... yh he's awesome loves playing.. he'll do anything for a bug.. xD so i shud post later in a few weeks huh??

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Yup. Post us another pic at about 8 weeks and we'll try again. Like I said, it's much too early to guess gender just yet. That baby's gonna change a lot in the next few weeks.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    yes post again in about 8 weeks gender and breed can better be guessed by then :)

6. DinosRBirds

DinosRBirds Hunted by Moonlight

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    I agree. I think its aboy. [​IMG]

7. xify28

xify28 New Egg

Dec 23, 2011
    Maldives, vilimale'
    yh ok.. so pls check this out after its 8 weeks old when i post new pics :)

8. nicokl502

nicokl502 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    Kansas City Mo
    what ever it is its cute!!

9. xify28

xify28 New Egg

Dec 23, 2011
    Maldives, vilimale'
    hehe thank you.. :D oh and by the way this is an only chick.. is that okay? i mean can i raise him alone and him turn out ok?

10. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    You really should have other chicks with it - apparently it is very difficult to integrate a single chick that has never been around other chickens before. Most of the time the minimum people will keep is 3, in case something happens to one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by