What breed and gender is this little 4 week old

marutia

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014

I am a chick newbie and just started my little flock of 5 hens. I was told they were all female but am wondering about one in particular. Can anyone help me? Except for the first photo all the rest are of "Cheeper." Also wondering if any one can identify the lighter colored one in the first photo.

The light one looks like an Easter Egger to me. Cheeper is a little odd, can you tell if it has a single comb or a peacomb, it looks pretty high in the one picture which is a little blurry and I can't really see the sides... and his feet are more yellow than you usually see on an EE.. but that color and amount of comb would make me vote possible cockerel right now.

Here are some closer shots of Cheepers comb. I sure hope she is a she and not a he as I will have to find it another home since we cannot keep roosters in city and he/she is reason I started since he had the chipmunk markings and my business name is Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates..

the green legs on thhe first one in question indicates its an ee, as for the other its to early to tell for sure because so many breeds can start out looking like that

Cheeper does look like a cockerel right now, there are several breeds that look similar that he could be, hopefully will be able to figure it out for sure when he is feathered in a little more.

Back
Top Bottom