What breed and gender? (UPDATED WITH CURRENT PICS -- YET AGAIN!)

Blue roo I think. Hard to tell about the first red one because it's blurry. I think the rest are pullets, but can't tell about the polish - I don't have any experience with them. Nice birds though, one and all.

Ahhh......I really want some Lavender and Blue Orpington's after reading up on them!

Well, I looked more carefully at Bluey's legs this morning, and they are slate on the front and fade to a greenish tint around to the back. I will give La Foo a "haircut" this weekend and get pics of face.

OK....here are some better pics (with a real camera instead of my phone).

Bluey -- couple of whole bodies plus one close-up of feet

53371_img_2056.jpg

53371_img_2052.jpg

53371_img_2067.jpg

Dark Red

53371_img_2039.jpg

Light Red

53371_img_2048.jpg

Foofi -- here 's view of Foofi with the feathers out of his/her face.

53371_img_2045.jpg

I'm thinking the light red is a New Hampshire Red - looks just like the one I have. I also have a Polish that looks like yours and I'm still trying to figure out if it is a pullet or a roo!

I think you might possibly have 3 roos and a pullet there. The dark red one is the only one I think is for sure a girl. I could be wrong though because I am still new at this chicken thing.
hide.gif

The blue one is not a Lavender Orpington or any other lavender. Lavender is a solid color (called self-blue) and it is lighter and greyer. The blue looks to me like an Orpington or Wyandotte cross (the Wyandotte would have to be crossed with a single comb breed, the Orpington with a yellow leg breed - maybe it's a cross of the two?). Those breeds both have big bodies like your Bluey, and Wyandottes have yellow legs. Definitely not an Andalusian - they are a lighter and sleeker a bird with close feathers. I love his leg coloring BTW.
love.gif

The GL Polish looks more pullet than roo to me. Although the crest is still all over, it looks more soft and fluffy than spiky like a male's would be.

Thanks everyone! I am hoping for the red ones to be pullets and it would be great if the Polish were too. Bluey is looking Rooey though!
lol.png
I have enjoyed reading about all of these blue breeds. I am wanting to get some more chickens now.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Agreed... Bluey is a roo! I have no clue about the Polish. I really don't know much about those. Judging from the comb on the two reds, I'd say they are pullets.

I started with 4 too... Why is having chickens so addicting????

Back
Top Bottom