What breed and gender?

Cameron_8

Chirping
Jan 5, 2021
I hatched this one as a chick on November first. So shes over 5 months old. I've seen some rooster try mount, but I'm still, not 100% sure of the sex. Does anyone know what the breed may be? It's most likely a mix.
20210413_091133.jpg
20210413_091136.jpg
20210413_091201.jpg

Does anyone know what the breed may be? It's most likely a mix.

If you know what breeds could be in the mix, we might be able to make better guesses.
Knowing what color egg she hatched out of could also help--it will tell us what color eggs her mother laid.

With a crest, muff & beard, and clean legs: maybe Polish (crest, maybe muff & beard) crossed with just about any clean-legged breed. But that is a guess, and I could be completely wrong.

It looks like a pullet white polish x sultan.
Looks kind like a sultan chicken to me. Maybe some sort of mix. Or a Cornish mix..

Sultans have feathered feet, and a 5th toe on each foot. Both of those traits tend to show up in their offspring.

That chicken has clean legs, and I think I see the normal number of toes (4). So I'm guessing it did not have a Sultan parent.

Sultans have feathered feet, and a 5th toe on each foot. Both of those traits tend to show up in their offspring.

That chicken has clean legs, and I think I see the normal number of toes (4). So I'm guessing it did not have a Sultan parent.
Thats true but i have had neither show up in some I have crossed with sultan. But yes most likely not sultan.

If you know what breeds could be in the mix, we might be able to make better guesses.
Knowing what color egg she hatched out of could also help--it will tell us what color eggs her mother laid.

With a crest, muff & beard, and clean legs: maybe Polish (crest, maybe muff & beard) crossed with just about any clean-legged breed. But that is a guess, and I could be completely wrong.
Not sure what breeds but she hatched out of a large cream egg.

Back
Top Bottom