what breed and sex

Its typical of Black Leghorns. I've never owned any myself but a lot of pictures I was able to find shows the black wash. Especially in males.
thanks for your help both of you. i will have to find him a new home as i live in a terraced property so wont be able to keep him. another question how old do you think he is? as he isnt crowing ? thanks

thanks for your help both of you. i will have to find him a new home as i live in a terraced property so wont be able to keep him. another question how old do you think he is? as he isnt crowing ? thanks
I noticed that some of his neck feathers still have sheaths in them so he recently molted. Age is hard to tell. Under a year is my guess.

The feathers are kind of raggedy & and the pictures are blurry, but the feathers in the saddle area look rounded to me? Could be that your chicken isn't old enough for them yet. The spur buds look tiny too, so it may be that it's just a pretty young cockerel. I would probably give it TLC for a few more weeks if you can and check back. How long have you had it? Were you planning on keeping it if it's female?

The feathers are kind of raggedy & and the pictures are blurry, but the feathers in the saddle area look rounded to me? Could be that your chicken isn't old enough for them yet. The spur buds look tiny too, so it may be that it's just a pretty young cockerel. I would probably give it TLC for a few more weeks if you can and check back. How long have you had it? Were you planning on keeping it if it's female?
there is a few pointed ones on the tail but the rest are rounded. i was planning on keeping if it was a hen as we are quite close if i put my hand in he climbs on and will just sit and then go to sleep. so i will be quite sad when he goes. abit silly for a chicken though but i like him. iv had him about a month i would say.

Back
Top Bottom