What breed? Andulnasian? Minorca?

My vote is Andalusian as well. I had to do a comparison on a couple of other sites, and to be honest, the Minorca and Andalusian were once known as one breed according to this link: http://www.afn.org/~poultry/breeds/andalusn.htm. But what I got to looking at is a difference in the tail feathers. This bird seems to have more of the feathers that are similar to a hens along with the curvy tail feathers. The Minorca appears to have a tail more with the sickle shaped feather in the tail. From what I can see also, is there is barely a difference in body shape, size or the stance of the two breeds. Just my obsevation though. I could be wrong. But Leghorn, he is not. You obviously know enough that you got that off the bat. He is a very handsome man though.

There is absolutely no way that is a minorca...or at least what one is supposed to look like. Both my Black and White males are at least twice his size. Have larger combs and a completely different body shape. I think he is a black andalusian. Combs points are not an easy thing to count on either. In every breed I have, 4 being in the med. class I get a number of points on each breed. Then I cull the birds that have the wrong number. That is my two cents worth

Quote:
hatchery birds are smaller, and I agree he looks a bit small and my friend breeds SQ black Minorcas and they are like the size of a bus LOL I really just think he is a hatchery Minorca or guys have we considered that he IS a black leghorn with a DQ? He has a leghorn body and that was my first impression.

Back
Top Bottom