What breed are my birds

She is about 17 weeks old and shes about the same size as my fully grown hens but alot bigger than the other chick her age.
I’m thinking she’s a blue jersey giant rather than a sapphire gem. The barred hen also looks like she has faded yellow legs rather than white/pink legs, making her a barred rock. Other than that, I agree with the other posters.

Oooooh ! I was wondering about turkey eggs the other day. DO they taste good? are they HUGE?
I'm not a fan when just trying them alone but they made the best noodles over the holidays! The two big ones are my turkey eggs and the small one is one of my chickens eggs.

Attachments

• 20210103_141027.jpg
    20210103_141027.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 9
I’m thinking she’s a blue jersey giant rather than a sapphire gem. The barred hen also looks like she has faded yellow legs rather than white/pink legs, making her a barred rock. Other than that, I agree with the other posters.
Now that you mention it she does look loads bigger Especially in this photo. So I can definitely see her being a Blue JG instead. Though the barred still looks to have white/pink legs to me. But if they are indeed faded yellow, the yes, she would be A barred plymouth rock instead.

0C99788F-5DD8-4DFD-8BB0-B995D865D15B.jpeg

Red Sexlink, Buff Orpington, Sapphire Gem most likely, thinking faded Barred Rocks, but might be Marans, and the rooster looks like an Easter Egger. Turkeys don't have breeds, rather varieties and they look to be Bronze and I'm pretty sure they're broad breasted. Are they sickly by any chance? In the pictures one doesn't look too good 😕

Red Sexlink, Buff Orpington, Sapphire Gem most likely, thinking faded Barred Rocks, but might be Marans, and the rooster looks like an Easter Egger. Turkeys don't have breeds, rather varieties and they look to be Bronze and I'm pretty sure they're broad breasted. Are they sickly by any chance? In the pictures one doesn't look too good 😕
I noticed that too. Few of the pics the birds are hunched. Not just the one turkey.

I have the same roo. Just dont know the breed name. What is it? Please spare me abbreviations. He is considered a barnyard mix here.

I have the same roo. Just dont know the breed name. What is it? Please spare me abbreviations. He is considered a barnyard mix here.
I'm confused about what you're asking. It seems you answered yourself.

If you're asking what kind you have, post a pic and we will try to help you.

I have the same roo as the thread starter, only he is younger and some far on my property scared of my dog (CHICKEN!!!) And i can't get a picture of him right now. I just need to know what EE stands for, really

I have the same roo as the thread starter, only he is younger and some far on my property scared of my dog (CHICKEN!!!) And i can't get a picture of him right now. I just need to know what EE stands for, really
Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom