What breed are my chickens

Feather queen

Songster
May 13, 2022
Nsw, Australia
I have 2 Hamburg pullets, I'm pretty sure the white and black one is a silver spangled Hamburg but I don't know about the black one.
I am picking up a 2-month-old "Splash" silkie rooster.
What is the difference between a splash silkie and a normal silkie?
He is Already being a little asshole to knew chickens in his flock.
If he becomes aggressive we will have to cull him.
( I don't want to do that)
Any Infomation would be amazing
Thank you

Attachments

• 1653098948184.png
    1653098948184.png
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 1653099011222.png
    1653099011222.png
    654.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1653099052289.png
    1653099052289.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I have 2 Hamburg pullets, I'm pretty sure the white and black one is a silver spangled Hamburg but I don't know about the black one.
I am picking up a 2-month-old "Splash" silkie rooster.
What is the difference between a splash silkie and a normal silkie?
He is Already being a little asshole to knew chickens in his flock.
If he becomes aggressive we will have to cull him.
( I don't want to do that)
Any Infomation would be amazing
Thank you
The black hen may not be a Hamburg though I’m not so well versed in that breed. Looks more like a mix to me
“Splash” Silkie is a color variety of Silkie, that is white with black and gray splotches. I can’t see any splotches from the photo but if there are none there is a chance it could just be a plain white Silkie.

A Splash Silkie will look similar to your white with some grey and black patches or "splashes" on it. Where did you get your black one? She's an odd looking bird!
my friend incubates hamburgs after getting them from a friend of his dads, when they are identifiable he sends the roosters out to my nans for her to sell (she lives 200m away from me) but he got these 2 hens confused and sent them to my nans as well when we found out they were hens I took them in and they have been here ever since

The black hen may not be a Hamburg though I’m not so well versed in that breed. Looks more like a mix to me
“Splash” Silkie is a color variety of Silkie, that is white with black and gray splotches. I can’t see any splotches from the photo but if there are none there is a chance it could just be a plain white Silkie.
Thank you,
I have met the rooster before and he has black splotches hidden in his white plumage,
Im not too well versed on the brees either lol. she could be

my friend incubates hamburgs after getting them from a friend of his dads, when they are identifiable he sends the roosters out to my nans for her to sell (she lives 200m away from me) but he got these 2 hens confused and sent them to my nans as well when we found out they were hens I took them in and they have been here ever since
What country are you from? :)

Back
Top Bottom