What breed are my chickens?

sky bird

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Southern Missouri
Hi. I'm currently using skybird's user until I finally make a user of my own on here. I'm her sister. I have 8 one month old mille fleur d'uccle chicks. Well, at least, I think they're d'uccles. I'm afraid that they're not the correct breed, and I was shipped wrong chicks. Anyway, I am trying to figure out what kind of chickens I have. They, obviously, are bantams. They have:

-booted feet.
-are bearded.
-for the (supposedly boys) they have mostly orange coloring, some dark. But the hens have more of black and orange. But I'm afraid that these are not d'uccles, because they don't have much white. A few of them are growing in very few white feathers, even though they're still a month old. Can somebody please post a picture of a 1 month old mille fleur d'uccle? Can anybody identify my chickens and their breed? I'm terribly upset, because even when they were chicks, I compared them to pictures, and they were mostly black with a orangey chest.

Thanks!

This is a 1-month old hen (supposedly); sorry for the bad pics.

6opf1x.jpg

8zqyz5.jpg

20h0x2b.jpg

You're right, those don't look like Mille Fleur Belgian Bearded D'Uccles. In fact, they don't really look like any breed that I've seen. Where did you get them from?

That's a really BIG chicken to be D'uccle! Mine I'm still not sure if she is a D'uccle or Booted Bantam yet (pretty much the same thing with or without muffs and a beard) and she easily fits in my hand at almost 7wks. She's quite a bit smaller than my Silkie who is the same age! My four year old carries her around in one hand (alseep! It's adorable!)

Yours are cool looking, whatever they are! Maybe EE mixed with something feather legged? Don't take my word for that though, lol

Last edited:
I don't think that they are purebred. Belgian Bearded D'Uccles have a different color pattern. The muffs make me think that she is a mix, maybe with an Easter Egger.

She definitely doesn't have the mille fleur coloring, but other than that, she looks like a big d'Uccle. Maybe they get the white spangles later? I know that in Russian Orloffs and Speckled Sussex, they start out dark and get more and more white dots as they get older.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom