lauren56

Chirping
May 19, 2015
North Carolina
IMG_3510.JPG
IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG
I bought two chicks at ChickenStock this passed weekend. They were in a "mixed chicks" tote and figured I would take a few home. They have very dark brown feathers with white nad black spots coming in along with very thickly feathered feet. My only guess is some sort of Cochin. Does anyone else have another guess? TIA

Could you please post new photos without distracting background, and chicks standing on their own two feet? It's hard to judge with hands on them. I don't see heavily feathered feet on both of them. The first has a very red comb may be a cockerel. What age are they?

IMG_3529.JPG
IMG_3527.JPG
IMG_3525.JPG
IMG_3524.JPG
IMG_3521.JPG
IMG_3520.JPG
Could you please post new photos without distracting background, and chicks standing on their own two feet? It's hard to judge with hands on them. I don't see heavily feathered feet on both of them. The first has a very red comb may be a cockerel. What age are they?
I believe we do have a hen and rooster for sure. Here are a few more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3528.JPG
    IMG_3528.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes, your first picture of chick is definitely a rooster. Unless you want him for the flock, or for breeding, he will probably make some nice fried chicken right about the time he tries his first juvenile crow.

Yes, your first picture of chick is definitely a rooster. Unless you want him for the flock, or for breeding, he will probably make some nice fried chicken right about the time he tries his first juvenile crow.
Love your Avatar! Love that film! Love Johan Wayne!
Did you see the remake with Jeff Bridges?

Back
Top Bottom