what breed are my chicks?

mariyka

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
I got some chicks from a friend that got them from a hatchery. He never told me what the breed was, but I thought they were light brahmas. They are like 2-3 weeks, but then I noticed some of them have feathers on their feet with the usual three toes up front but in the back there was a toe which had two toes. For a normal chick it's four, but these ones have five toes. Does anyone know what kind of breed I have? Anything will help

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am not good with chick IDing. There will be others stop by to welcome you to BYC that will probably know the breed. But if you can't wait that long, you can post this pic in our What Breed section of BYC for some good ID....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Cute chick! Good luck with your new babies and if you have any other questions, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on your new chicks, how cute! X2 post pics on the What Breed Or Gender Is This forum, they could just be Brahmas that happen to have an extra toe, or mixes of something like Brahma and Dorking.

Welcome! There are lots of breeds that have 5 toes. That is not at all unusual. I also recommend a post on the above mentioned What breed/gender forum.

He/she's cute. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom