What breed are my Roos?

KHeinz

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 24, 2018
Got a couple “dual purpose” cockerels and I’ve been trying to pinpoint what they might be.

Breed identification pros please do your thing!

*The lighter roo would not hold still for his photo, but I think I captured most of his features in a collage of pics :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3203.jpeg
    IMG_3203.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3207.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3205.jpeg
    IMG_3205.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3199.jpeg
    IMG_3199.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Your light cockerel looks to be an AmberLink.

The black looks possibly like an Orpington. Tail looks like it's gonna be too puffy to be an Australorp.

Your light cockerel looks to be an AmberLink.

The black looks possibly like an Orpington. Tail looks like it's gonna be too puffy to be an Australorp.
Thanks! AmberLink makes perfect sense for the light guy.

I was curious if the black might be an Easter egger (no puffy cheeks) but I’ve got a F2 green egger hen that has the same rumpless tail and similar features (color, comb, clean dark legs). Maybe BCM/EE cross? My other Orpingtons (I’ve only had a few) have all had proper tail feathers 🤔. Is this a normal thing for orpingtons?

Thanks! AmberLink makes perfect sense for the light guy.

I was curious if the black might be an Easter egger (no puffy cheeks) but I’ve got a F2 green egger hen that has the same rumpless tail and similar features (color, comb, clean dark legs). Maybe BCM/EE cross? My other Orpingtons (I’ve only had a few) have all had proper tail feathers 🤔. Is this a normal thing for orpingtons?
English Orpingtons yes, this tail type is normal.

Back
Top Bottom