What breed are my turkeys?

bannturkmom316

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2015

I have a jake and a hen that are the same and a white hen. My husband and i bought them from our local atwoods feed store last spring. We are new to turkeys, they are more my birds, but we also have chickens and guineas. :D

Bronze and a White Holland can't tell if they are the Broad Breasted Bronze or the unimproved. The White Holland if he/she is a pure bred he'll have blue eyes and can get up 33 pounds if he's the mix he'll have brown eyes and will still manage to get up around 33 pounds. The Bronze will have brown eyes and get up to about 20-25 pounds.

My Jake weighs 30 lbs already which is the larger of the bronze ones, and the hen weighs in at about 25 lbs.

Eastern Wilds would not have any white tipped feathers on the body or tail. Could be a hybrid. Whatever he is he's a beautiful bird. Like you guineas and your little turkey herder too.

White Holland Mix is the most common breed in today's society, Bronze is the most common in U.S. history. Judging by the color of his feathers and weight I would say he's a White Holland, the hens I would guess are bronze. There are several breeds that look similar

Back
Top Bottom