1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what breed are my two chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by frenchhazel, Aug 13, 2008.

1. frenchhazel

frenchhazel Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2008
    Cadillac, MI
    Hey everyone,
    I am new to chickens, however I am loving it and they are very addictive. I sit and watch them with my coffee every morning and I am out there every evening. Everyone thinks I am nuts. I have a question though. I bought this chicken from a guy in tennesse and all he could tell me is that it is a banty rooster. Can anyone tell me what kind it might be? His name is Fritz and he is a cutie.[​IMG] I also have another chicken I bought only when it was two weeks old. The lady I bought her from said she was a australorp. I bought two of them she said they were both going to be hens. They look totally different. The one i think is a australorp has black eyes and black legs and feet. The other has got me confused because she(?) has yellow eyes and has a golden laced chest, but her legs and feet are black. Can anyone help with this one? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    not quite sure on the hen. but the little rooster is a Old english game bantam, (silver duckwing to be exact. )

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    The black one is either Black sexlink or a mixed breed.

Matt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by