what breed are these bantam chicks?

joyful-homemaker

Songster
12 Years
Jul 11, 2007
central ohio
These chicks are bantam assortments I bought at tsc in april. Any idea what breed they are? They came from a hatchery in mount healthy ohio.
3038_cimg3179.jpg
this black hen is gorgeous. She has a black comb, feathers, eyes, beak and legs. Her feathers shine purple in the sunlight.
3038_cimg3183.jpg

3038_cimg3177.jpg
the chick in the center is the cutest little chick I have ever owned. I have two of the type of hen behind it, I call them my snicker doodle hens
3038_cimg3188.jpg
this grey hen is so tiny compared to all the other chicks. She is sweet but gets picked on.
3038_cimg3181.jpg
the yellow one in the middle is the one I am curious about in this picture
3038_cimg3191.jpg

Last edited:
The black might be a japanese bantam?
The one next to her is a silver sebright, and the next photo down is a gold sebright.

I don't know about the others.

They are cute.

thank you! I do think I got a nice assortment. I wish I had a few more of that black hen, the yellow one and the little bearded speckled one though. I am thinking about breeding them with my little mille fleur/leghorn roo and see what I get.

#3 is a Mille Fleur d'Uccle - and appears to be a pullet. Of which I am jealous. I have a roo of this breed. Very sweet and beautiful!

# 5 could also be a d'Uccle, but I cannot tell if it has feathered legs or not. If not, then I am not sure - looks familiar, but I would have to look it up.

#2 is a gold sebright

That is all I know for sure. Pretty chicks! You got a very nice assortment!!!

1. jap or oeg? Hard to tell from angle of picture
2. golden sebright
3. millie fleur d'uccle
4. oegb (old english)
5. buff brahma bantam? Can't see if the legs are feathered
6. oegb (best guess) crele colored

thank you! Yes number 5 has feathered legs. I am so happy to have a mille fleur hen! I have a mille fleur roo already that I thought was a hen when it was little (and thanks to him - a mille/leghorn roo and two pullet chickies!) I was already hoping to put that little mille hen in with my mille/leghorn chick because they are similar in age and I wanted to breed them, but I might have to put her with my older mille roo when she gets bigger.

1. I'm not sure...
2. Golden sebright
3. Mille Fleur D'Uccle. The one behind it is a cornish
4. Silver duckwing OEGB
5. Buff Brahma
6. OEGBs. I don't know what to call the color.

Last edited:
i bought some bantams from tsc also & i got 1 pullet out of 8 chicks ... do you have any pullets you would like to sell or trade for a few roos?? i have some roos that need a home . mine came fro mt healthy also

Back
Top Bottom