What breed are these chickens?

Quote:
Dorkings? Are you sure? I looked at pics of those and the chickens I'm asking aobut don't even vaguely look like that, they don't even have the white legs and 5 toes that Dorkings apparently have...
hmm.png

Quote:
I was thinking that, they resemble Australorps closest to any breed I know. Look a lot like the hatchery birds my aunt ordered.. The red coloration if I remember is possible, I have even heard from someone before that they can throw a birchen coloration as well but can't remember as to why.

Being from Australia though, you can expect some differences than here. Of course they could be Jersey Giant's as well (to my knowledge), I've seen birds out of them that looked similar.

-Daniel

Last edited:
Quote:
Dorkings? Are you sure? I looked at pics of those and the chickens I'm asking aobut don't even vaguely look like that, they don't even have the white legs and 5 toes that Dorkings apparently have...
hmm.png

I'm not a Dorking expert by any means but if you go to feathersite.com you can find black dorking hen pics and there are several roos that look just like the one in the pic posted. Either way...I am just making a guess...I have never seen birds like the ones you have.

Quote:
Do Austrolorps come Crow-wing in Australia like the Rooster?

As far as green sheen on there black feathers, a lot of Black feathered birds will get a Green sheen on there feathers. For example I have 15 Black Round Head game hens hear and they all have a green Sheen to there feathers.

Chris

Quote:
The Dorking has 5 toes and looks to be Duck-wing the OP's look to be Crow-wing and 4 toes..

Chris

Okay now people are just throwing names out there. . .

Dorkings have five toes, so no.

Australorps have black legs, so no. Also I've never heard of any Australorp coming in Brown-Red/Black Copper coloring.

And, again, Australorps aren't the only green sheening bird. In fact, ANY black bird has a green sheen. . .

Back
Top Bottom