What breed are these chickens?

abi24

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
Hi There,

Back in June I purchased some chicks from McMurray Hatchery. I got 25 of the "Rarest of the Rare" assortment and

I would really appreciate if you could help me identify what I have.

62376_fayoumis-18074-44944.jpg

62376_dsc03621.jpg

62376_dsc03624.jpg

62376_dsc03625.jpg

62376_dsc03626.jpg

62376_dsc03627.jpg

Thank you for your help.

First one maybe hamburg? Second is a BLRW, the others look like red stars to me... Maybe four is a red shouldered Yokohama, I don't know...
smile.png

I have one of #1, looks like an Egyptian Fayoumi, #2 looks like my splash Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. No. 6 looks like a Speckled Sussex to me but I don't have that breed personally and the others I don't know... What breeds does the hatchery list as their rare breeds they offer? Track it backwards.

The first one may be a Egyptian Fayoumis. The last one a Speckled Sussex maybe.

Here is the list I copied from McMurray's site

Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Old English Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish

Last edited:
The first one is either a Fayoumis or Campine. Since hatcheries have poor quality of either, it is really hard to tell the difference.

Second is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Third a New Hampshire
Fourth a Sex-Link rooster
Fifth a Sex-Link hen or a mutt
Sixth a Speckled Sussex rooster

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. According to the web site the "Rarest of the Rare" assortment is all pure breeds. How come #3 and #4 are sex-links?

Back
Top Bottom