What breed are these chicks? And can you tell what sex they are?

Kelciesducks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 17, 2012
I got a few chicks this weekend from a gal that bought a bunch of fertile eggs and hatched them out. No clue what they are...can you help?

Some of them appear to have polish in them.. I would have said silkie, but their skin is light, and only one has feathered feet...

They are all mixes though.

How old are they?

The first one looks to be a pullet, second iffy, third picture (one on left) could be a boy - one beside him is a pullet. Last picture - one at the left bottom is a pullet (I actually have a similar mix :)

Last edited:
no clue how old they are...no wonder the lady just gave them to me. It will be interesting to see how they all turn out. lol

One looks to be a Faverolle cross (3rd and 4th pics reddish color with extra toes, lightly feathered legs, light colored skin, and looks like it might have a beard/muff). The one next to it in both pics looks like a Silkie cross (reddisih with crest, feathered legs, and dark skin). The first two pics look like Polish crosses. The little one in front on the 4th pic I would say is an OEGB or OEGB cross pullet.

One looks to be a Faverolle cross (3rd and 4th pics reddish color with extra toes, lightly feathered legs, light colored skin, and looks like it might have a beard/muff).  The one next to it in both pics looks like a Silkie cross (reddisih with crest, feathered legs, and dark skin).  The first two pics look like Polish crosses.  The little one in front on the 4th pic I would say is an OEGB or OEGB cross pullet. 
I don't see any with more than 4 toes :/

I don't see any with more than 4 toes
hmm.png
In the last pic, the reddish chick on the left has 5 toes on each foot/leg.

I had three crossbreed hens with Silkie in them (sire was Cochin/Silkie and mother was Barred Rock). They did not have feathered legs nor black skin and all were four toed. Yours could have Silkie or Polish, judging from the modified poufy heads on some of them. Hard to say with mixed breeds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom