What breed are these chicks?

BTnc

Hatching
Mar 2, 2021
20210302_130648.jpg

The black ones are possibly jersey giants. It's hard since a lot of chicks look the same. Where did you get them?
I got the eggs from friends and they have several different breeds. The one with the black feet and legs might be a Maran? The yellow ones maybe Golden Comets? Does the dark spot on the head mean anything? Like male or female?

I got the eggs from friends and they have several different breeds. The one with the black feet and legs might be a Maran? The yellow ones maybe Golden Comets? Does the dark spot on the head mean anything? Like male or female?
They wouldnt be pure maran if they are. Marans have pink/pale feet not yellow and feathered legs. And that's not a golden comet. Not sure if the dark spot means anything since I dont know what the chick is. does she keep her breeds seperate? If not then you just have a bunch of mixes.

They wouldnt be pure maran if they are. Marans have pink/pale feet not yellow and feathered legs. And that's not a golden comet. Not sure if the dark spot means anything since I dont know what the chick is. does she keep her breeds seperate? If not then you just have a bunch of mixes.
She keeps some of them separated...not sure which ones. Three of the four hatched out of beige eggs and the darkest one hatched out of a medium to dark brown egg. That's why I thought it might be a Maran.

She keeps some of them separated...not sure which ones. Three of the four hatched out of beige eggs and the darkest one hatched out of a medium to dark brown egg. That's why I thought it might be a Maran.
It will not matter what color eggs they come out of if they're mixed. If she isnt keeping her breeds seperate then you may just have a bunch of mixed chicks. My australorps and sexlinks lay dark brown eggs. If the hen is maran but the rooster isnt then it's just a mix.

Back
Top Bottom