What breed are these chicks?

emrldgrn1

Songster
12 Years
Sep 11, 2009
Vass, NC
I got these two as day olds from a breeder who tought she was selling me three Seramas. I have one pretty little bitty Serama hen and these two who are OBVIOUSLY not Seramas. The question is....what are they then? Anyone want to venture some guesses. To narrow it, she has only matched pure breeders, no EE, and divided pens.
sad.png

40980_game_bird_1.jpg

40980_game_bird_2.jpg

40980_gb3.jpg

40980_gb_pair.jpg

Last edited:
They are exactly the same age as the black Marans that you see in the picture with them and they are well over twice as big. Im am completly stumped. I can take more pics outside tomarrow when its daylight so i can post a better full body pic and comparison to the marans.

Quote:
Are you saying they are the same age as the little black chick to the left in the top two pics? That little marans looks to be less than 2 weeks old, while the older chicks (your mystery chicks) look like they are 4-5 weeks old.

I know the seller sold them to you as day olds, but what did they look like then? If they were truly day old chicks, they shouldn't have had any feathers at that time. How long have you had these mystery chicks?

Last edited:
ive had them for about three weeks to a month. they were smaller in size than the little blacks in the first two pics with some light feathering on the wings and a couple tiny tail feathers. they were tiny and were supposed to be seramas, so i thought they must be at least a few days older than the marans. they exploded in growth at twice the rate as the marans. they did have tails that seemed to stick up in the air rather than out behind them when they were smaller. the one serama is now fully feathered, i can tell she is a she and still as tiny as the marans. but these two, one hen, one roo (distinctive comb) are twice or more the size of the rest of the chicks.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom