What breed are these ducklings?

Catie_Cat_

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2022
I got three ducklings from tractor supply and they were just labeled ducks, anyone know what breed they are? I don’t think they are pekins, two of them might be mallards, but I have no clue what the all brown one is.
polish_save.jpeg
polish_save.jpeg
polish_save.jpeg

The first looks to be a fawn and white runner duck.

The other two are probably gray runner ducklings.

They cannot be sexed until older. By 8 weeks, their adult voices should come in, and they can be sexed that way. Females have a loud quack, and males have a low, raspy quack. There are videos on Youtube to demonstrate the difference.

They cannot be sexed until older. By 8 weeks, their adult voices should come in, and they can be sexed that way. Females have a loud quack, and males have a low, raspy quack. There are videos on Youtube to demonstrate the difference.
Thank you!!

One thing I thought of, looking at images of runner duck ducklings they appear to stand more upright, but mine are typically flatter, not standing so vertical

One thing I thought of, looking at images of runner duck ducklings they appear to stand more upright, but mine are typically flatter, not standing so vertical
I got runner ducklings from TSC and thought they were something else because they weren't as vertical as the ones in pictures online. They are definitely runner ducks, but only really stand straight up when something spooks them:idunno What lovely little babies you got! I especially love the speckled feet :love

Back
Top Bottom