what breed are these feathered legged chicks?

bearupac

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
For Mother's day my husband and kids got me some marans and then these feather legged chicks. What are these (the ones with yellow)?

I got them from a breeder who said they were marans. But they don't look like marans. Don't recall if he had cochins. He has a huge incubator which results in large batches of chicks that are all housed together. All of his chickens are separated by breed.

Do they look like langshans? He has those.

I got them from a breeder who said they were marans. But they don't look like marans. Don't recall if he had cochins. He has a huge incubator which results in large batches of chicks that are all housed together. All of his chickens are separated by breed.

Do they look like langshans? He has those.

Marans, probably black coppers and the white will molt out.

What kind of marans produce this coloring? All 4 chicks of this type look like this. The breeder said he has 4 kinds of marans. I only saw his splash and black copper. Don't have his contact info anymore.

What kind of marans produce this coloring? All 4 chicks of this type look like this. The breeder said he has 4 kinds of marans. I only saw his splash and black copper. Don't have his contact info anymore.

If he has 4 kinds of Marans, he probably has Black Copper, Wheaten, maybe Blue Copper/Splash Copper and/or solid Black, Blue, and Splash.

Your chicks are probably Black Copper or solid black.

Back
Top Bottom