What breed are these hens?

Cool. Thanks!
big_smile.png
Hey, can you tell any better from the new image what breed Olive (the supposed ee or bantam welsummer) is?

Last edited:
Yes, I did know that one from where they originally came from. I also have a gold laced wyandotte not visible in the image and an RIR. What about the one in front?

Last edited:
This is the best pic I could get now, my chickens are asleep. The one looking straight at the camera is the one you're talking about.
bilde
in this pic i see left to right buff orp (cant see the one in the back very well), ee, wyandotte, and marans....that should cover all of them in this pic that why i for sure label the one you asked about lol :)

smile.png
Olive is the one you think is an ee, Persephone is the cuckoo marans, the buff is Carmella, and the wyandotte is Minerva. Thanks for your help!
roll.png

Oh, and Rene is the RIR you can barely see behind Carmella. Do you know what color eggs wyandottes, orpingtons, rirs, and ees lay?

Last edited:
Buff Orpingtons lay cream colored eggs, my EEs lay blue eggs, (but yours still could lay blue, green, white, etc.) RIRs lay cream colored, sometimes with white dots, I think Wyandottes lay cream also....

Olive is beardless/muffless and her tail is really high for a "standard" (*) EE. I wonder what was crossed with the blue egg layer to get her. Yes, I know, the answer to that is "Got NO idea"
big_smile.png

Of course my EEs are also beardless/muffless NOW since the Anconas and Favrolles pecked them clean.

FYI, Dominiques are also barred:

(*) There IS no standard, just most EEs posted carry their tails somewhat lower and they aren't as long.

Bruce

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom