Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Rice N Beans

ricenbeans1.jpg

Kojak (she's a hen)

Whatisit.jpg

Yeah they are pullets, or my roo is homoesexual. HAHAHA! When we bought them, we were under the impression they were all laying. We quickly found out that isn't true. Two are laying and we can't figure out which one. I know it's not the BO because the eggs are white....

Rice n Beans will lay white eggs. She's older than my 8wk hamburgs, judging by feather color. I'd guess she's old enough to be laying. Mine are still not as polka-dotted as she is. My last hamburgs like her laid a small, chalky white egg that was narrow and pointy. I'm guessing Kojak is an EE, and will lay brown or green eggs. Hard to tell from her picture. Her coloring almost looks like a brown leghorn, but her legs aren't yellow. Does she have muffs and/or a beard?

Last edited:
Kojak has no beard so far, but she is still recovering her feathers from where she lived before. She is named Kojak for a reason. If she will lay colored eggs, then she isn't on that is laying. I had a suspicion Rice N Beans was one of them laying, and the Turken too, but she is so small, but a blood red crown.

Back
Top Bottom