What breed are these packing peanuts ?

ajablu

Songster
11 Years
Jun 28, 2008
Northeast, PA
My Mom Ajablu and her friend got 6 blue Andalusian chicks to share. Ideal sent them 12 packing peanuts to keep them warm. I am 14 and learning alot here. Does anyone know what these cute chicks are? I would love to know.
Ashley
12492_packingpeanut.jpg

Not Buff Orph. Buff Orph's have pinkish legs as baby's and then white when they are grown. I would bet you have Buff Rocks. A lot of ppl get them confused, but it's all about the leg color.

Thank you. I am going to read about the Rocks.
I never saw a buff Rock. I hope some of these might be girls so we could keep them. My Mom can only keep certain roos for breeding so we don't have too many.
Ashley

They're most likely rocks; hatcheries send rocks as packing peanuts most of the time, unfortunately, they're usually roosters:(! A friend of mine got turkeys, and the hatchery sent 25 barred rock roosters to keep the order of turkeys warm!
lol.png

Thank you everyone. Buff Rock wins so I am going to think of them as buff Rocks.
My Mom told me the packing peanuts are always roosters, but I am really hoping hard they made a mistake and sent a couple girls . These are so cute and sweet I fell in love with them. They seem to like to be held and are calm and the girls are more jumpy . My Mom said if any are pullets I could keep them. Does anyone know when you can tell a Buff Rock is a boy or a girl?
Wow, 25 Barred Rock roosters to keep the turkeys warm! That's alot of roosters! My Mom is telling me to get to sleep so I have to go.
Ashley

Back
Top Bottom