What breed are these? Tractor supply special

Adidas769

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2019
I got 4 new chicks today. I’m thinking maybe they are Easter Eggers or olive Eggers? Honestly I have no idea, they were just in a bin of mixed “pullets”. Wondering if anyone can help me out on what breed they may be. I think the little one that’s yellow with grey strips isn’t gonna make it sadly
5931BB8B-3583-4A06-B902-BA87BA2AB270.jpeg
4F146E2B-FCE4-4D63-8C76-E59DD4B036FC.jpeg
6DE8BC76-4E13-4CE3-BAC4-EE037ADB31F5.jpeg
F1F1F935-A08A-41D6-89EF-F64D9660B02D.jpeg

Get some Save A Chick or Nutri Drench from TSC for the chicks, it will help with the stress of shipping and handling. You could make a mash (Chick Starter with water) add some boiled egg yolk for extra protein. What's the temp in your brooder, should be about 95* for the 1st week, decreasing 5* each week until 80* ... Where are you located?

Temp is at 95 and the other 3 are moving around and chirping, sleeping, eating, and playing. I am almost thinking she may be a bantam chick that got mixed in with the full size chicks though, she is so much smaller than the other 3... I’m wondering if perhaps she may have been trampled on. I have tried critical care, chick starter mash, a little sugar water, and honey. She perks up for like 45 seconds to a minute, may take two pecks at her food, then right back under the heat lamp to sleep. If she makes it through the night I will go get some save a chick or nutri French.

The grey chick looks like ones I just got yesterday from TSC which are blue rocks, While the darker one with the dark brown on its head is a silver laced wyandotte I believe. Not sure on the other white ones with stripes, as mentioned above I’d also suggest nutri drench. Good luck I hope she makes it :hugs

Savvy - thank you. I’m kinda hoping that the grey one turns out to be something other than a blue rock ONLY because it has a light spot on its head which would mean it was a boy and these were supposed to be “pullets” . But, it is TSC so who knows. I’m hoping the tiny yellow one makes it because I have never seen a chick quite like her before and really want to know what she is.

Back
Top Bottom