What breed are these two bantam chicks?

The first chick doesn't have trademark black skin, therefore I doubt it's a Silkie. :) Looks like it's of Mille Fleur coloration. Does it have a beard and muffs? If so, I'd say d'Uccle, and if not, Booted bantam. Not too sure about the 5th toe situation, but it seems almost anything can pop up from hatchery birds.
Second is a lovely Silver Sebright! :love

~Alex

The first chick doesn't have trademark black skin, therefore I doubt it's a Silkie. :) Looks like it's of Mille Fleur coloration. Does it have a beard and muffs? If so, I'd say d'Uccle, and if not, Booted bantam. Not too sure about the 5th toe situation, but it seems almost anything can pop up from hatchery birds.
Second is a lovely Silver Sebright! :love

~Alex
So, um...I was just showing my LO the "fifth toe" on that "silkie" and it's not there! I must have been thinking of one of the other chicks, which is a silkie. No beard but yes to cheek muffs on it though. But those legs and outer toes are feathered.
Also, I really appreciate everybody's help. The Assorted Bantams bin at TSC is my favorite.

Last edited:
I also have this one if anybody wants to have a stab at him.
RealDale.jpg

Here are two of my SDW juveniles at 7 weeks:

First is Turbo with Vee Dub in the background. Vee Dub is short for Volkswagen VW. Turbo as you can tell from the look in his eye is quite full of himself and thinks he is a tough guy.
Vee Dub.JPG

This is Echo who flew out of the grow out cage and wanted to sit on my shoulder.
echo.JPG

All 5 chicks came from Orschelns and I was thrilled when I discovered that they are all SDWs which is what I was hoping for.

So, um...I was just showing my LO the "fifth toe" on that "silkie" and it's not there! I must have been thinking of one of the other chicks, which is a silkie. No beard but yes to cheek muffs on it though. But those legs and outer toes are feathered.
These things happen when you have a lot of chickies! :lol: Most likely a little d'Uccle, then. :) My favorite breed! :love

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom