What breed are these two birds?

Fuzzy Face

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014

I have two chicks I purchased at TSC and am still having trouble identifying them. They were in the pullet tank at TSC. I could sure use some help Identifying them. The barred one has kind of a worm brown legs on it. I know the birds in the background are Anconas.

1st bird - Silver Laced Wyandotte

2nd bird - Its going to be hard to tell if we don't know what hatchery your TSC orders from. Not a brown leghorn because the legs aren't yellow. Possibly a partridge rock but the pattern isn't quite right. Can you call the TSC and ask who they order from?

2nd bird - Its going to be hard to tell if we don't know what hatchery your TSC orders from. Not a brown leghorn because the legs aren't yellow. Possibly a partridge rock but the pattern isn't quite right. Can you call the TSC and ask who they order from?
My Dark Brown Leghorn has the same color legs.

Feed store from the regular Brown Leghorn bin. The hatchery threw a couple dark ones into their shipment. I believe they get their chicks from Ideal.

Partridge Rocks look like that in their juvenille plumage but they too have yellow legs.

I thot the first one was a Wyandotte, but it doesn't really look like the ones I raised last year who were silver laced Wyandottes. I am still assuming that is what it is. Its build would make you think it is a Wyandotte.
As for the second one, it is not a real heavy built bird. That's why I thot more in line with a Leghorn body. I will be in TSC tomorrow and will ask what hatchery they use.
Thanks for the help and as soon as I find out what hatchery, I will let you all know.

Fuzzy Face

Back
Top Bottom