What breed are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by constantine337, May 26, 2011.

1. constantine337

constantine337 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2011
    Brazil
    Have to pullets that I am unsure of.

The first is about 7 weeks old (i got here a 5 weeks). She is black with silver mixed in. She has black feet with feathers on the outer toes. She also has a black tipped nose. She is very calm and relaxed. She also hasn't chirped since Ive owned here but sounds more like an adult hen with her faint clucking. If i had to guess i would say she might be some type of Maran.
    [​IMG]

The second pullet I got when it was 4 weeks and is now 7 or 8 weeks old. I got her from a local guy who said she was a buff oprhington. When she was a chick she did look like the other buff's but now she doesn't. She is a light tan starting in her mid section to her tail and from the head to mid section she is a darker brown. She has no feathers on her feet and yellow legs.
    [​IMG]

I sure would like to know what these chicks are so any help will be greatly appreciated and I'm glad to join you all here at BYC.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. The first one looks kind of like a blue-black Andulusion. The second one is a Red Star/Red Sex Link

3. constantine337

May 26, 2011
    Brazil
    Quote:Thank you for your help. I think your right on the nose about the Red star but upon reading another post in the forums about Andulusions, I think that the black pullet is a Blue Cochin. (because of the feathered legs) But that just my rookie educated guess.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The second one is a sex-link, should be a terrific layer. The first one, I would have guessed andalusian also, except for the feathered legs. The body and feathers look all wrong for a cochin, though. Cochins are little puffballs, this bird looks more streamlined.

5. constantine337

May 26, 2011
    Brazil
    I live in Indiana and its raining right now but when it clears up I'll take more detailed pictures of the black chick.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  6. constantine337

May 26, 2011
    Brazil
    Here is the extra pics I promised

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Maybe a Blue Langshan.

8. constantine337

May 26, 2011
    Brazil
    Quote:She might be.

9. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Here is a shot of my "Gold Star Pullet" red sex link, looks like yours...I have 2 of these.

[​IMG]

Not sure of your other one, beautiful though!

10. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    From the newest picture, I see you dark girl is not black but Blue. However, I don't think she is a pure breed. Maybe a cross with a Cochin? Maybe a Blue Marans, but I wouldn't think so because you don't just happen upon Marans. It could be though. Definitely 2 pullets though from what I see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by