What Breed Are These??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Buddyfarm11, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Buddyfarm11

Buddyfarm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Phoenix,Arizona
    My Coop
    I Bought 3 Baby Chicks Yesterday (10-20-12) at a Church They Were Selling These Ones But 2 of Them I Don't Know What Breed They are I Know One Of Them is a Dark Brahma Pullet But What Breed Are These Two

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What Breed are They and Are They Good Egg Layers??

2. cbenson6820

cbenson6820 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2011
    its really hard to say when they are that young. If they were bearded you might be able to guess americauna or easter egger but they aren't. The one in the center of the top photo looks sick. Notice how its standing in the middle by itself with its head down and eyes closed. It could just be cold and trying to soak up some of that sunlight shining through. I would keep an eye on it and if it's still acting like that I would start giving the chicks water with vitamins and electrolytes in it to see if that helps.

Brahmas take a long time to mature and are not very good layers, but they are beautiful and gentle giants.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  3. plowboybunny

plowboybunny Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2012
    Northern CA
    I'll throw in my guess on that last one. It looks a lot like my Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks from earlier this fall.

4. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    Do you have a lamp or something over them to keep them really warm? They need it to be...what? I think 90 degrees

5. Buddyfarm11

Feb 9, 2012
    Phoenix,Arizona
    My Coop
    Yeah I Keep a lamp Around Them at Night time Cause Over here The Day Is Warm

6. Buddyfarm11

Feb 9, 2012
    Phoenix,Arizona
    My Coop
    OK Actually The Second One On the bottom was the sick one he died already but the top one is still alive and healthy

7. Buddyfarm11

Feb 9, 2012
    Phoenix,Arizona
    My Coop
    My Light Brahma Lucy is a great Egg Layer She Layed me 5 eggs in a whole week it all depends on the weather when it's hot they lay very little to none

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by