What Breed Are These??

Buddyfarm11

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Phoenix,Arizona
My Coop
My Coop
I Bought 3 Baby Chicks Yesterday (10-20-12) at a Church They Were Selling These Ones But 2 of Them I Don't Know What Breed They are I Know One Of Them is a Dark Brahma Pullet But What Breed Are These Two

What Breed are They and Are They Good Egg Layers??

its really hard to say when they are that young. If they were bearded you might be able to guess americauna or easter egger but they aren't. The one in the center of the top photo looks sick. Notice how its standing in the middle by itself with its head down and eyes closed. It could just be cold and trying to soak up some of that sunlight shining through. I would keep an eye on it and if it's still acting like that I would start giving the chicks water with vitamins and electrolytes in it to see if that helps.

Brahmas take a long time to mature and are not very good layers, but they are beautiful and gentle giants.

Last edited:
its really hard to say when they are that young. If they were bearded you might be able to guess americauna or easter egger but they aren't. The one in the center of the top photo looks sick. Notice how its standing in the middle by itself with its head down and eyes closed. It could just be cold and trying to soak up some of that sunlight shining through. I would keep an eye on it and if it's still acting like that I would start giving the chicks water with vitamins and electrolytes in it to see if that helps.

Brahmas take a long time to mature and are not very good layers, but they are beautiful and gentle giants.

OK Actually The Second One On the bottom was the sick one he died already but the top one is still alive and healthy

My Light Brahma Lucy is a great Egg Layer She Layed me 5 eggs in a whole week it all depends on the weather when it's hot they lay very little to none

Back
Top Bottom