What Breed Are These?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MichalBeth7, Sep 28, 2014.

1. MichalBeth7

MichalBeth7 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I posted a few days ago asking what breeds my Atwoods chicks are. Sadly, my pictures stunk. :( So I took more pictures this afternoon and am hoping to hear some feedback on what y'all's thoughts are! All photos are numbered and have some descriptions. Also, if I have a guess then I put it there. Thanks in advance! :)

[​IMG]
    #1 I'm pretty sure this is a Barred Rock. It was in the assorted heavies bin.

[​IMG]
    #2 He wouldn't stop squirming, sorry. [​IMG] In the bantam bin. He has feathered feet and legs.
    [​IMG]
    #3 Thinking an Easter Egger? In the banded pullets bin. I have two of these little gals. :)
    [​IMG]
    #4 From the bantam bin. Going to guess she's a frizzle? Just a wild guess. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #5 Another from the bantam bin. Clean legs and feet. Has a slight lavender hue.
    [​IMG]
    #6 From the assorted heavies bin. Legs turning black. Possible australorp? Any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    #7 From the bantam bin. Smallest of the bunch. Solid white. Clean legs.
    [​IMG]
    #8 From the bantam bin. Clean legs.
    [​IMG]
    #9 Assorted heavies bin.
    [​IMG]
    #10 Bantam bin. Clean legs.
    [​IMG]
    #11 Bantam bin. Feathered legs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If anything, I'm just proud of my chicks. They're growing like weeds! :)

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Barred something, Rock is the most likely possibility. That's a big head spot and a lot of white, though, so I'd be concerned about a cockerel.
    Probably black bantam cochin.
    EE
    Frizzle, probably Cochin
    don't know, could it be a blue OEGB?
    Australorp
    don't know
    don't know
    production Red?
    don't know
    could that be a bantam Brahma chick? What type of comb?

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

4. MichalBeth7

Mar 26, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Sorry, I had to wait till this morning to get a good look at it. It looks like she/he is developing a pea comb. And yes, the barred rock is already showing VERY dominant characteristics. Strutting, holding his head up high, just very dominant acting. [​IMG] I already have two roosters. Also, what does OEGB stand for? Easter Egger? or Old English Game Bantam? I'm still sort of new to the different breeds. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. [​IMG]

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sorry, Old English Game. There are so many color variations I can't keep up with them all, but they're clean legged so it's a place to start.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

7. MichalBeth7

Mar 26, 2014
    Oklahoma
    The australorp/jersey giant's feet are pinkish white as of now. [​IMG] However, they just started turning black a few days ago. When I got her, her feet were pinkish all over, it was strange. Or maybe that happens sometimes! I don't know. I don't know nearly enough. Just enough to be dangerous, they say. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by