What Breed Are These?

MichalBeth7

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 26, 2014
Oklahoma
I posted a few days ago asking what breeds my Atwoods chicks are. Sadly, my pictures stunk. :( So I took more pictures this afternoon and am hoping to hear some feedback on what y'all's thoughts are! All photos are numbered and have some descriptions. Also, if I have a guess then I put it there. Thanks in advance! :)

#1 I'm pretty sure this is a Barred Rock. It was in the assorted heavies bin.

#2 He wouldn't stop squirming, sorry.
roll.png
In the bantam bin. He has feathered feet and legs.

#3 Thinking an Easter Egger? In the banded pullets bin. I have two of these little gals. :)

#4 From the bantam bin. Going to guess she's a frizzle? Just a wild guess.
wink.png

#5 Another from the bantam bin. Clean legs and feet. Has a slight lavender hue.

#6 From the assorted heavies bin. Legs turning black. Possible australorp? Any ideas?

#7 From the bantam bin. Smallest of the bunch. Solid white. Clean legs.

#8 From the bantam bin. Clean legs.

#9 Assorted heavies bin.

#10 Bantam bin. Clean legs.

#11 Bantam bin. Feathered legs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If anything, I'm just proud of my chicks. They're growing like weeds! :)

Barred something, Rock is the most likely possibility. That's a big head spot and a lot of white, though, so I'd be concerned about a cockerel.
Probably black bantam cochin.
EE
Frizzle, probably Cochin
don't know, could it be a blue OEGB?
Australorp
don't know
don't know
production Red?
don't know
could that be a bantam Brahma chick? What type of comb?

Barred something, Rock is the most likely possibility. That's a big head spot and a lot of white, though, so I'd be concerned about a cockerel.
EE
Frizzle, probably Cochin
Australorp
don't know
don't know
production Red?
don't know
x2

EE
Frizzle, probably Cochin
Australorp
don't know
don't know
production Red?
don't know
Sorry, I had to wait till this morning to get a good look at it. It looks like she/he is developing a pea comb. And yes, the barred rock is already showing VERY dominant characteristics. Strutting, holding his head up high, just very dominant acting.
barnie.gif
I already have two roosters. Also, what does OEGB stand for? Easter Egger? or Old English Game Bantam? I'm still sort of new to the different breeds. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.
smile.png

Sorry, Old English Game. There are so many color variations I can't keep up with them all, but they're clean legged so it's a place to start.

I posted a few days ago asking what breeds my Atwoods chicks are. Sadly, my pictures stunk. :( So I took more pictures this afternoon and am hoping to hear some feedback on what y'all's thoughts are! All photos are numbered and have some descriptions. Also, if I have a guess then I put it there. Thanks in advance! :)

Barred Rock.

Black Cochin.

Easter Egger.

White Frizzle Cochin.
#4 From the bantam bin. Going to guess she's a frizzle? Just a wild guess.
wink.png

Self Blue Old English Game.

Australorp or Jersey Giant (what color are the bottoms of its feet- yellow= Jersey Giant, white = Australorp)
Old English game of some sort. Not sure on variety (maybe Splash?)

Black Breasted Red Old English game, I think.
Production Red.
#9 Assorted heavies bin.
Maybe Easter Egger bantam.
Light Brahma bantam.

The australorp/jersey giant's feet are pinkish white as of now.
idunno.gif
However, they just started turning black a few days ago. When I got her, her feet were pinkish all over, it was strange. Or maybe that happens sometimes! I don't know. I don't know nearly enough. Just enough to be dangerous, they say.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom