Bantam Frizzled what?

z3lda3

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2024
Just got these two cotton balls from a hatchery, in a bin Assorted bantam frizzles. They’re so tiny. Gomez all yellow, Morticia has some grey tint. They both have fuzzy legs and feet. Any thoughts or are they just too tiny to tell yet?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 28
Thanks! I’m new in the chicken world-shocker- may I ask how you guys can tell? I mean is it just experience, or..tarot cards? I googled it at least tried to and a gazillion breeds came up. I had NO idea there are so many types. I honestly just thought laying birds or eating birds. But y’all are talking about chickens like different model cars lol. It’s awesome btw.

Thanks! I’m new in the chicken world-shocker- may I ask how you guys can tell? I mean is it just experience, or..tarot cards? I googled it at least tried to and a gazillion breeds came up. I had NO idea there are so many types. I honestly just thought laying birds or eating birds. But y’all are talking about chickens like different model cars lol. It’s awesome btw.
There are thousands of chicken breeds and mixes.

Now certain chickens are meant for meat or egg laying only but there is dual purpose chickens meant for both.

BYC has tons of amazing information that will help you learn!

Each breed has various distinctive traits. Some can be similar, but as you become familiar with breeds you will start to notice the differences for each breed.

Things like leg coloring, leg feathering, comb type, skin color, face muffs or not, crests, feather type, and coloring, and earlobe coloring. Different breeds have different combos.

That's part of what makes chicken keeping a ever changing, and always interesting hobby.

For some reason most frizzles sold by hatcheries in the USA are either Cochin or bantam Cochin. Be aware though that only 50% of chicks come out frizzle and the hatchery can’t tell when they’re shipped out so there’s a chance you’ll get a straight feathered Cochin. So far at least one definitely looks frizzle

For some reason most frizzles sold by hatcheries in the USA are either Cochin or bantam Cochin. Be aware though that only 50% of chicks come out frizzle and the hatchery can’t tell when they’re shipped out so there’s a chance you’ll get a straight feathered Cochin. So far at least one definitely looks frizzle
You know what, it absolutely doesn’t matter to me. I went in planning to get a few standards and these guys were the only two bantams left in this huge bin. This man in front of me grabbed six at random and left these two. I was thinking seriously you can’t squeeze these two in your flock?? They looked scared, My heart broke, so I took them. I’m just curious as to what they are, besides walking tiny fuzz balls. Their furry legs and feet kill me- it looks like little pants.

You know what, it absolutely doesn’t matter to me. I went in planning to get a few standards and these guys were the only two bantams left in this huge bin. This man in front of me grabbed six at random and left these two. I was thinking seriously you can’t squeeze these two in your flock?? They looked scared, My heart broke, so I took them. I’m just curious as to what they are, besides walking tiny fuzz balls. Their furry legs and feet kill me- it looks like little pants.
Bantam cochins are great little chickens. They are my favorite. They stay adorable even as adults.

Aw poor babies, thanks for taking them home with you. One of my three frizzles this year turned out straight feathered, and she is the sweetest chick. Always wants to be cuddled up to me

Back
Top Bottom