Is this really a Buff Orp?

NorthwoodsChick

Fowl play will 🐝 encouraged 🐥🐔
Premium Feather Member
May 16, 2021
UP Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
I bought 3 ‘BO’ from TSC. All the chick bins were mixed up as usual.
Chicks are about 5 days old.
I thought BO was yellow so what’s with the head and wings? What breed is it if not BO?
Clean legged.

Attachments

• IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4820.jpeg
    IMG_4820.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 17
I am so disappointed.
Any clue what it could be?

They allegedly had Wyandottes unspecified in two bins and RIR. I know its not RIR but not sure what Wyandottes has that pattern.

The girl tried to give me an obvious male barred rock was a fem Australorp.

Agree it's not a Buff Orpington. Not a Wyandotte either. Wrong comb type although that does happen with Wyandottes. But ya no Wyandotte pattern that I know of.
Actually not a pattern I know of for any specific breed or variety. Probably one of their goofy hybrids they're pumping out.

Agree it's not a Buff Orpington. Not a Wyandotte either. Wrong comb type although that does happen with Wyandottes. But ya no Wyandotte pattern that I know of.
Actually not a pattern I know of for any specific breed or variety. Probably one of their goofy hybrids they're pumping out.
Right!! Now they say its Wyandotte. For all I know its a red sex link. Well, I trust you folks more than TSC.
Bottom line, I can’t have these chicks without knowing what they are.
All I wanted was a broody breed- BO fits well with my hefty crew but maybe I’ll get a silkie and be done with it. I hear they go broody once in a while 😉

I am so disappointed.
Any clue what it could be?

They allegedly had Wyandottes unspecified in two bins and RIR. I know its not RIR but not sure what Wyandottes has that pattern.

The girl tried to give me an obvious male barred rock was a fem Australorp.

I had the same thing happen last year. I called and asked what other breeds they had in stock to try and figure out the mystery.

turns out I had a barred rock. They told me they hadn't had any barred rocks.

Life is like the chick bins at TSC. You never know what you're gonna get.

Back
Top Bottom